How to choose the best Breast Surgeon in Sydney?
When you are first diagnosed with breast cancer, it is overwhelming. Choosing a breast surgeon can be difficult. Your Gp can give you advice or a personal recommendation can help. Here are the things you need to look for in a breast surgeon:
- Royal Australian College of Surgeons membership
- Specialist breast training and/or fellowship
- Continuing Professional Development Certificate
- Breast educational meeting attendance
- Breast SurgANZ membership
- Can you talk to your surgeon?
- Do you have enough information to make an informed decision?
- Are you comfortable with your proposed surgery?
- What to expect before, during and after your surgery.
- Will you have a breast cancer nurse
- Questions answered to your satisfaction?
- Estimate of probable costs before your surgery
I offer and maintain these standards as part of my services to my patients.